Here’s what’s happening in and around Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar any time for more.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents a Pacific NW Folklore Society concert with Portland-based Kate Power and Steve Einhorn at 7:30 p.m. Friday, and Buzzard of the Sad Café Cabaret at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Naked City Brewery, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N., presents its 2nd Saturday Cinema at 12 p.m. Saturday with a free showing of the family-friendly “Coco.”
Seattle Folklore Society presents Evie Ladin and Keith Terry at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Southbound State Route 99 will close from the Battery Street Tunnel to Spokane Street from 9 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday to allow WSDOT contractor crews to complete paving work for the new SR 99 tunnel.
- Borealis – A Festival of Lights happens nightly through Sunday on the exterior of the Museum of History and Industry at South Lake Union with music, food trucks and a beer garden.
- Puget Sound Heart and Stroke Walk begins and ends at the Seattle Center Saturday morning.
- Women Build Nations Banner Parade from the Washington State Convention Center to Westlake Park Saturday afternoon.
- University of Washington Dawg Dash around the UW Sunday morning.