King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles, who represents our area in District 4 (most of Seattle north of Madison Avenue downtown and west of I-5), will meet with constituents from 12-1:30 p.m. next Friday, Sept. 22, at Ballard Coffee Works, 2060 NW Market St.
Councilmember Kohl-Welles will have an informal discussion on issues the Council is working on, including:
– Potential federal funding reductions to County health, housing, and human services
– The County’s efforts to battle the heroin and opioid epidemic
– The Regional Affordable Housing Task Force
– Best Start For Kids’ efforts to reduce structural inequality in our society
– Next steps on reforming and investing in West Point Treatment Plant
– Improving our Paratransit Access program
…or anything else related to county government that is important to you. You don’t need to make an appointment, but please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to help us better prepare for this event.