Don’t forget that all Seattle Public Library branches will be closed next week, from Aug. 27-Sept. 3, due to budget cuts.
Most library services will be unavailable during the one-week closure.
- Materials will not be due and no fines will be charged.
- Book drops will be closed.
- Access to the online catalog will be limited. You’ll be able to search the catalog and check your library account, but you won’t be able to place any holds.
- No meetings or events will be held at any library branch.
- Email a librarian or chat with a librarian will not be available.
Library patrons will still have access to online databases such as Britannica Online, Mango Languages, and Consumer Reports; as well as more than 34,000 items in the digital collection, including e-books and audiobooks, song titles and downloadable movie titles.