Ready to clear out some clutter? Or maybe you are searching for that one-of-a-kind treasure? Either way, the legendary PhinneyWood Garage Sale Day on Saturday, May 20th is your time.
Garage Sale Day is an annual neighborhood-wide event for neighbors to sell their stuff and/or spend a day yard-sale hopping and shopping. PhinneyWood residents can host a sale in their yard/garage. Anyone may reserve an outdoor “booth” at the Flea Market in the Phinney Center lower parking lot. The PNA publishes an online mobile map for shoppers to find and visit the sales in the neighborhood.
Anyone in PhinneyWood is welcome to list their garage sale on the map. (boundaries are from the Zoo to 105th and 8th Ave NW to Aurora.) The most successful sales tend to be between 8th Ave NW & Linden Ave N and 85th St & 65th St. The deadline to register is May 11th.
Register your sale at your house or snag a spot in the flea market
Recycle & shred at the Phinney Center
From 9 am to 1 pm (or until capacity is reached) you can bring the following items for recycling and disposal in our parking lot. Once any one of the trucks is full, it will not be able to take any more recyclables.
- Household batteries (no leaking or broken, tape ends)
- Fluorescent tubes and bulbs (no broken bulbs, limit 4)
- Small Electronics (TVs, computers, etc.)
- Small Appliances(non-Freon microwaves, toasters, etc.)
- Paper for shredding (limit 4 boxes)
- Styrofoam (Clean & Dry – remove labels and tape)
- Clothing (shoes, pants, shirts, purses, belts)
- Curtains and drapes
- Small propane canisters (camp stove size)