Ballard High School Performing Arts students have created a special fundraiser called Ballard Performing Arts supports Black Lives Matter.
Black American Music (BAM) is an essential part of the Ballard community. BAM enriches the education of Ballard High School students, and our students want to give back to the Black community.
This week, the BPA students came up with the idea to hold a drawing for private performances by five of our groups. People who donate $25 or more directly to various causes selected by the students are eligible for the drawing.
“We couldn’t be more proud,” says Director of Bands Michael James. “This effort is entirely student led and 100% of the proceeds go directly to the organizations.”
Here’s how it works:
* Donate $25 or more to one of the organizations fighting for justice that were hand-selected by Ballard students (see list below) and you’ll be entered in a drawing to win a private performance on a mutually agreeable date in the future by one of our five participating student ensembles.
* Performances will be by a Ballard Performing Arts student ensemble (Jazz, Vocal Jazz, Fiddle Ensembles, String Quartet and Thespian Troupe).
* There are 5 chances to win.
Participating is easy:
Step 1: Choose an organization or two (or three!) to support from the list below
Step 2: Donate. For every $25 donation, you will receive one entry for a drawing to win a performance from a Ballard Performing Arts student ensemble
Step 3: Email your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4: Listen, Learn and Grow
Winners will be contacted through email after the drawing closes on June 30.
These organizations to support were carefully selected by a group of Ballard Performing Arts students:
- Black LiIves Matter
- Northwest Community Bail Fund
- Black Visions Collective
- LGBTQ+ Freedom Fund
- The Trevor Project
- The Okra Project
- Reclaim the Block
- Southern Poverty Law Center
See link to the PDF for more details (graphics and PDFs also attached).