The Seattle Adoptee Speaker Series was created by Astrid Castro, a personal consultant specializing in adoption related topics. In her consulting practice she seeks to create a safe and honest place to dialogue and educate the complexities of adoption. February’s theme is Adoptees and Relationships with Partners, Dating, and/or Choosing to be Self Partnered.
- How does being adopted play-out in your decisions with romantic relationships?
- What do/did you look for in a partner?
- When do you tell a potential partner you are adopted?
- Have/do you date adoptees?
- If you’re a transracial adoptee, do/did you have racial preferences in terms of dating?
- If you are self-partnered (a conscious decision to not be in a romantic relationship) what role does your adoption have if any in this decision?
Seattle Adoptee Speaker Series: Relationships
Saturday February 8, 2:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Phinney Neighborhood Association, Room 3 – 6532 Phinney Ave N
Tickets ($10) can be purchased here