A reminder that United Way of King County has partnered with several agencies to bring free summer meals to every child 18 and under who needs it at more than 200 sites throughout King County. The program aims to fill the summer gap for children who quality for free and reduced-price meals during the school year.
Summer meal programs are open to all those 18 and under without any paperwork or registration — just show up. Many programs also offer arts and crafts, games, and hands-on educational activities to keep growing kids minds and bodies.
Plug in your zip code on the website to find sites nearest to you. Here are the sites in and closest to our neighborhood:
- Greenwood Park, 602 N. 87th St.: Lunch 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.; snack 3-4 p.m. Monday throughFriday from June 28 through Aug. 25.
- Viewlands Elementary, 10525 3rd Ave. NW: Breakfast 8:30-8:50 a.m.; lunch 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday Aug. 21-25 only.
- Broadview-Thomson Elementary School, 13052 Greenwood Ave. N.: Breakfast 8:30-8:50 a.m.; lunch 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday Aug. 21-25 only.
- Green Lake Library, 7364 E. Green Lake Dr. N.: Lunch 12:30-1:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from June 27 through Sept. 1.
- Wallingford Boys & Girls Club, 1310 N. 45th St.: Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 27 through Aug. 25.
- Bitter Lake Community Center, 13035 Linden Ave. N.: Lunch 12-1 p.m.; snack 3:30-4 p.m. Monday through Friday from June 28 through Aug. 25.
- Licton Springs Elementary School, 4400 Interlake Ave. N.: Breakfast 8:30-8:50 a.m.; lunch 11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. Monday through Friday Aug. 21-25 only.