It seems like a pretty quiet weekend in the neighborhood, with just a few events to tell you about.
Singer-songwriter Jim Page performs at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., at 7:30 p.m. Friday.
Seattle Folklore Society presents the New England quartet Winborne at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in Community Hall in the Brick Building. Advance tickets are $18 general; $16 students, seniors or SFS/PNA members; $9 for youth ages 6-17. All tickets are $2 more at the door (cash or check only at the door).
Music Center of the Northwest, 901 N. 96th St., presents its Student Recital from 2-4 p.m. Sunday. It’s free and open to the public.
Traffic-wise around town this weekend:
- Laying of the traditional “Green Stripe” along 4th Avenue in honor of St. Patrick’s Day happens from 7-7:30 p.m. Friday.
- Kells Irish Festival will close Post Alley between Stewart and Virginia streets at Pike Place Market from 9 a.m. Friday until 2 a.m. Sunday.
- St. Patrick’s Day Dash is Saturday morning, beginning and ending at the Seattle Center.
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at 12:30 p.m. Saturday along 4th Avenue.
- Metro Transit will reroute some buses due to the race and parade. Check the Service Advisories page for more information.