There’s a lot happening in the neighborhood this weekend. Here’s a sample, but check our Events calendar for more.
Phinney Farmers Market is from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
The huge Greenwood Car Show takes over Greenwood Avenue from North 67th to North 90th streets on Saturday with about 800 vintage and collectible vehicles, plus motorcycles, hydroplanes, fire trucks and a lot more. The car show is officially open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., but the cars start lining up several hours earlier and will take a few hours to leave afterward. Metro Route 5 will be rerouted off Greenwood Avenue from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. The east-west intersections at North 80th and 85th will remain open with police officers directing traffic and pedestrians.
The Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St., is hosting a pancake breakfast from 7-11 a.m. Saturday during the car show; Windermere Realty is hosting a beer garden with all proceeds going to charity from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 311 N. 85th St.; and the annual Beer Can Derby and Root Beer Can Derby starts at 12 p.m. with proceeds going to the Greenwood Food Bank.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents Alex Sturbaum and Friends in concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Jim Page and Kat Eggleston in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) at 2 p.m. Sunday.
It’s closing weekend for “Busman’s Honeymoon” at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St.
“Miscast: A Cabaret” at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Pocket Theater, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
It’s Pride weekend in Seattle, with a ton of parades and parties happening all over the city, plus lots of other events:
- Trans Pride Seattle 2017 parade at 6 p.m. Friday from Broadway East and East John Street to Cal Anderson Park, followed by a celebration in the park from 7-11:30 p.m.
- Wildrose Pride celebration Friday through Sunday on East Pike Street between 10th and 11th avenues and on 11th Avenue from East Pike to East Union streets.
- Neighbours Gay Pride party in the alley between Harvard Ave and Broadway Pike and Pine streets from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
- Pride Fest Capitol Hill street festival on Saturday.
- Julia’s on Broadway Pride event on East Thomas Street from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday.
- Purr Pride Block Party on 11th Ave between East Pike and East Pine streets from 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. Saturday.
- Seattle Dyke March motorcycle march starts at 7 p.m. Saturday near Seattle Central College.
- Party in the Park 10th anniversary party for the Olympic Sculpture Park from 7-11:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Seattle Pride Parade begins at 11 a.m. Sunday on 4th Avenue at Union Street, ending at Seattle Center. It is expected to last 3-4 hours.
- Cuff Pride Day Celebration on 13th Avenue between East Pine and East Pike streets from 12-10 p.m. Sunday.
- Pride Party at Tillikum Park at 10 a.m. Sunday at Cedar and 5th Ave.
- Seattle PrideFest at Seattle Center from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
- Seattle Mariners play Houstin at 7:10 p.m. Friday; 7:10 p.m. Saturday; and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.