Here are some highlights of what’s happening in and around Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
“Busman’s Honeymoon” continues at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St. through June 24.
Upcycled Fairy Garden Workshop for families from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Saturday at Seattle ReCreative, 8408 Greenwood Ave. N.
The Norse Home’s 60th anniversary celebration is from 2-8 p.m. Saturday at 5311 Phinney Ave. N., with Seattle band Skandia Kapell, the Norwegian Ladies Chorus, the Norwegian Male Chorus, cake, an art show, history presentation, photo booth and more.
Miscast: A Cabaret at 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at The Pocket Theater, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
Phinney Neighborhood Community Chorus benefit for a Haiti school is at 7 p.m. Saturday at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church, 7500 Greenwood Ave. N. Admission is free but all donations go to the Georges Marcellus School through the Mona Foundation.
Northwest Firelight Chorale will perform “Africa: A Legacy of Song” at 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at Woodland Park Presbyterian Church, 225 N. 70th St. Tickets online are $22 for adults, $12 for ages 12 and under, children 4 and under are free.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents Classical Guitar Cabaret with Robert Vierschilling, Ken Alia, Greg Miller and Jon Yerby at 7:30 p.m. Friday; and Little Sara and the Night Owls at 7:30 p.m. Saturday.
Looking ahead to Monday, Lagunitas Brewing Company, at 1550 NW 49th St. in Ballard, is hosting a Jazz in the Beer Garden fundraiser for Greenwood’s Music Center of the Northwest starting at 5:30 p.m.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Vans Warped Tour at CenturyLink Field North Lot from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday.
- Seattle Colleges Commencement at Safeco Field at 6 p.m. Friday.
- Rock n’ Roll Expo at CenturyLink Field Events Center, from 12-7 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- Fremont Solstice Fair, Celebration and Parade are this weekend. Parade starts at 1 p.m. Saturday at NW Leary Way and NW 36th Street, and travels east on NW 36th Street, south of Fremont Avenue North, east on North 34th Street and North Northlake Way to Gasworks Park. Then the Fremont Solstice Celebration happens at Gasworks from 1:30-9:30 p.m. The Fremont Fair takes place on North 34th and North 35th streets between 1st Avenue NW and Fremont Avenue North from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- City University Commencement at KeyArena at 1 p.m. Saturday.
- Rock n’ Roll Half and Full Marathon starting near Husky Stadium at 6:30 a.m. Sunday and ending at CenturyLink Field.