The Phinney Neighborhood Association’s annual Home Design and Remodel Fair is from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. this Sunday in the Blue Building, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Meet with more than 70 exhibitors, including general and specialty contractors, architects, suppliers, designers, landscape professionals, nonprofit groups and permitting agencies, and attend a series of presentations, including how to create a backyard cottage to maximizing storage and cook space in a small kitchen.
This year’s theme is “Smaller Living, Larger Life,” and focuses on ideas for living in a smaller footprint, simplifying, expanding outdoor living space or converting part of a home for a multi-generational household.
Here’s the presentation schedule:
- 11:30 a.m.: First permitted ADU from a shipping container — Mike Vacirca, Lastingnest Inc
- 12:10 p.m.: Essential Kitchen Design: maximizing a small cook space — Rebecca West, Rebecca West Interiors
- 12:50 p.m.: Create a backyard cottage — Sheri Newbold, live-work-play
- 1:30 p.m.: Heating with a small footprint — Laura Elfline, Mighty Energy Solutions
- 2:10 p.m.: House Boat: Five design strategies for “Smaller Living, Larger Life” — Theresa Freeman, SHKS Architects
- 2:50 p.m.: A smaller kitchen doesn’t have to mean less storage — ShelfGenie
- 3:30 p.m.: Tiny Houses: Are they right for you? — Alan Ness, Ten Directions Design