The Northwest District Council meets at 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
On the agenda:
- Business Access and Transit (BAT) lanes may be coming to Aurora Avenue — Jonathan Dong – Seattle DOT
- Annual Election of NWDC Officers: Eugene Wasserman, from the Broadview Community Council, is up for election as president. Peter House, 43rd District Democrats, is up for secretary. Other nominations will be accepted from the floor.
- Neighborhood Park Street Fund: Council members will vote on priority of three proposals for street improvements:
- Marked crosswalk crossing 5th Avenue NE at NE 115th Street
- Wheel chair ramps – Fremont Avenue North from North 78 to North 85th streets
- Curb extension at Latona Avenue NE & NE 55th Street
- Neighborhood Streets Fund — The NWDC will vote on three proposals for transportation improvements to be funded by the 2006 Bridging the Gap Levy.
- BEATS (Broadway Easy Access to the Sound): Segment 1 = $325,000; Segment 2 = $1,030,000; Segment 3 = $310,000; Total $1,665,000
- Greenwood Avenue North sidewalks between North 92nd and North 105th streets = $2,900,000
- Viewlands Elementary School 3rd Avenue NW sidewalk between NW 105th and NW 110th streets = $505,000