Major response to fire in home at 87th and Fremont

by | Sep 11, 2012

Update 7:30 p.m.: Seattle Fire Department Public Information Officer Kyle Moore tells us that the fire was caused by an electrical problem in the attic. The homeowner had been working on the roof just prior to the fire, but investigators couldn’t determine whether that work had anything to do with the electrical issue.

Engine 24, first on the scene, reported flames as high as 8-10 feet, and it took firefighters 30 minutes to knock down the fire.

The homeowner escaped without injury. The fire caused $50,000 in damage to the structure, and $20,000 to the contents.

Geoff sent us this closeup of firefighters on the roof.

Earlier: More than a dozen fire trucks and other emergency personnel vehicles are on the scene of a house fire at 706 N. 87th St. in Greenwood.

Our tipster Silver tells us scanner traffic indicates it’s likely confined to the attic.

Karl tweeted us this picture from the scene.

Recent Posts

12th annual PhinneyWood Pride Rainbow Hop is next Saturday

12th annual PhinneyWood Pride Rainbow Hop is next Saturday

New online bookstore Seattle Book Club teams up with Sip & Ship

New online bookstore Seattle Book Club teams up with Sip & Ship

Parent’s Night Out event next Wednesday at Barking Dog – they babysit while you relax

Parent’s Night Out event next Wednesday at Barking Dog – they babysit while you relax