Seattle Department of Transportation will close the southbound I-5 ramp at North 85th Street beginning this Friday night. It will be closed around the clock for 17 days as SDOT repaves that section of road.
Drivers should follow the signed detour routes.
Details from SDOT:
I-5 on-ramp at N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/3 – 8/31
- Access to I-5 provided via eastbound N 80th Street or via northbound Greenwood Avenue N to N 105th Street.
Southbound I-5 off-ramp at N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/10 – 8/27
- Access from southbound I-5 provided via the NE 80th Street exit.
- Drivers should access westbound N 85th Street from the Banner Way NE overpass (except during the weekend of 8/24 – 8/27, see below).
Northbound I-5 off-ramp and Banner Way NE overpass to N 85th Street:
- Closed 8/24 – 8/27 (weather dependent)
- N 85th Street from I-5 to Wallingford Avenue N will be closed, except for local access.
- Use alternate I-5 exits, such as N 105th Street and N 50th Street, during these closures.
Eastbound N 85th Street (Aurora Avenue N and I-5)
- Aurora Avenue N to I-5, Closed 8/3-8/31
- Aurora Avenue N to Wallingford Avenue N, Closed 8/3- End of October
- Detours to N 80th Street via Greenwood Avenue N
Metro bus routes will be affected by this road work, so keep an eye out for Rider Alert notices at the bus stops, and check Metro’s website www.kingcounty.gov/metro or call 206-553-3000.
The entire paving project is scheduled to be done by the end of October.
You can sign up for construction email updates by emailing [email protected] and you can check the project’s website, or call the 24-hour project line at 206-496-9993.