Overheated electrical wire leads to fire at Phinney Ridge home early this morning

by | May 31, 2012

Seattle firefighters responded to a house fire at 6521 3rd Ave. NW about 2 o’clock this morning. Investigators say the fire started from an overheated electrical service wire.

Everyone in the three-story multi-family residence got out safely before firefighters arrived. Firefighters were able to contain the fire to a wall in the basement, and extinguished the flames within 11 minutes.

Six fire trucks and numerous other emergency vehicles were on the scene.

Fire investigators estimate the damage at $5,000. Seattle Fire says the Red Cross is assisting the residents.

Thanks to Christina for the tip and photo!

Recent Posts

Free course in real estate investing offered at Phinney Center

Free course in real estate investing offered at Phinney Center

Mark your calendars for the PNA Holi Celebration – a kaleidoscope of spring, colors, and community spirit 

Mark your calendars for the PNA Holi Celebration – a kaleidoscope of spring, colors, and community spirit 

Phinney Ridge Community Council to host Councilmember Strauss in March meeting

Phinney Ridge Community Council to host Councilmember Strauss in March meeting