The Greenwood Community Council’s monthly meeting is from 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Greenwood Library’s meeting room, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N. On the agenda:
- Greenwood Block Watch “Night Out.” (Neighborhoods throughout the city and the country will host parties on Tuesday, Aug. 3, to bring neighbors together.)
- Greenwood-Phinney Summer Streets, which is scheduled for 6-9 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 13. (Last year’s inaugural Summer Streets in our neighborhood was in April.) LeAnne Nelson from Seattle Department Of Transportation will brief the council on Summer Streets preps.
- Greenwood-Phinney Fruit Harvest. City Fruit is a local organization that provides volunteers to harvest private homeowners extra fruit to donate to food banks and food programs for people in need.
- Election Forum for local election on Aug. 17 and Nov. 2.
- Update regarding Greenwood land use & transportation issues/projects.
If available, updates will be provided on:
- City of Seattle multi-family code change proposal.
- Greenwood-Phinney Neighborhood Plan study.
- Central Greenwood rezone discussion.
- Greenwood-Phinney Neighborhood Park Acquisition (location TBD).
- Greenwood Parks Opportunity Fund proposal (@ 85th Street / 1st Ave).
- Greenwood Park Neighborhood Matching Fund proposal (p-patch).
- Greenwood Sidewalks Neighborhood Matching Fund project.