For the seventh year, King County Executive Dow Constantine will recognize the importance and accomplishments of small businesses in our region with the Executive’s Small Business Awards. Nominations are now being accepted through August 5 at: www.kingcounty.gov/smallbusinessawards
Nomination categories are:
– Overall Small Business of the Year
– Minority-Owned Small Business of the Year
– Woman-Owned Small Business of the Year
– Exporting Small Business of the Year
– Green/Sustainable Small Business of the Year
– Workforce Development Small Business of the Year
– Rural Small Business of the Year
To be eligible for the awards, businesses must be located in King County, have 50 or fewer full-time equivalent employees, and have been in business for at least three years. Previous award winners and last year’s finalists are ineligible for nomination. Small businesses can be nominated in more than one category, but a separate nomination form must be completed for each category.
Nominations close on August 5. Winners will be announced at an awards event in the fall.
Find more information about the Executive’s Small Business Awards, and the nomination form, at: www.kingcounty.gov/smallbusinessawards