The PNA is excited to partner with Girls on the Run to bring this fun and inspiring after-school program to our community this spring.
Girls in the Run is an interactive researched-based program for 3rd- to 5th-grade girls that combines social-emotional learning and physical activity.
- Twice per week for eight weeks, girls of all abilities have fun, make friends, increase their physical activity levels, and learn important life skills.
- Meeting in small teams or connecting virtually, trained volunteer coaches inspire girls to build confidence through dynamic, interactive lessons and running/walking.
- The lessons focus on building social, emotional, and physical skills in girls while encouraging healthy habits for life.
- Each season comes to an end with a joyful and fun non-competitive 5K. This culmination gives girls a tangible sense of accomplishment and the confidence to be the author of her story.
A parent recently shared: “The relationship skills and confidence gains have transformed my daughter. She learned how to navigate tough situations, view others’ perspectives, and has found so much strength in herself.”
The curriculum is:
- Designed to enhance girls’ social, psychological, and physical skills and behaviors with research-based lessons that teach critical life skills like managing emotions, helping others, making intentional decisions, and resolving conflict.
- Delivered by volunteer coaches who complete extensive training focused on fostering an inclusive environment, celebrating individual achievements, and creatively integrating movement in a fun and motivating way.
Fall 2023 session info & details
- Season dates: September 25-November 27 at the Phinney Center
- Days/times: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm (3rd to 5th Graders)
- End of season 5K event: Week of November 27
- Program Location: Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, 98103
- Program Fee: $25-$230 based on sliding scale – Financial assistance is available
- Questions? Email [email protected] or call 206.528.2118
- More program information