The Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) is looking for community members who are passionate about the PNA’s mission and vision to build community. We envision strangers becoming neighbors, and neighbors becoming a welcoming and caring community. We would love to hear from you!
The PNA values a diversity of opinions, lived experiences, ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations. We are actively working to build a more equitable and inclusive Board and organization and encourage people representing the diverse elements of our community to apply and serve.
“Serving on the PNA Board is rewarding because you get a deep dive into the wide variety of things the PNA does for the community. You’re gonna meet some great people and have a lot of fun” – Bill Thorness, Former Board Member and Current Volunteer
We encourage you to apply if any of these statements apply to you:
● Want to make a difference in your community.
● Enjoy engaging your friends and neighbors in the causes and activities you are passionate about.
● Excel in team building and bringing people together.
● Are committed to supporting diversity, equity, inclusivity and belonging.
● Interested or experienced with construction, design/build or project management.
● Think strategically or have expertise in nonprofit management, planning or financial planning.
● Have experience with community or social service programs.
● Have expertise in marketing and communications, fundraising, or public relations.
● Comfortable or knowledgeable with technology.
The Board is a group of 15 to 18 community members who help the PNA achieve its mission by supporting the financial oversight and leadership of the organization. Board member terms start in January and are commitment of one year and then up to two 3-year terms. Our Board members are active and engaged and generally Board volunteers spend 4 to 8 hours per month for Board and committee meetings and supporting events.