The PNA is excited to partner with Girls on the Run to bring this fun and inspiring after-school program to our community this spring.
Girls in the Run is an interactive researched-based program for 3rd- to 5th-grade and 6th- to 8th-grade girls that combines social-emotional learning and physical activity.
- Twice per week for eight weeks, girls of all abilities have fun, make friends, increase their physical activity levels, and learn important life skills.
- Meeting in small teams or connecting virtually, trained volunteer coaches inspire girls to build confidence through dynamic, interactive lessons and running/walking.
- The lessons focus on building social, emotional, and physical skills in girls while encouraging healthy habits for life.
- Each season comes to an end with a joyful and fun non-competitive 5K. This culmination gives girls a tangible sense of accomplishment and the confidence to be the author of her story.
A parent recently shared: “The relationship skills and confidence gains have transformed my daughter. She learned how to navigate tough situations, view others’ perspectives, and has found so much strength in herself.”
The curriculum is:
- Designed to enhance girls’ social, psychological, and physical skills and behaviors with research-based lessons that teach critical life skills like managing emotions, helping others, making intentional decisions, and resolving conflict.
- Delivered by volunteer coaches who complete extensive training focused on fostering an inclusive environment, celebrating individual achievements, and creatively integrating movement in a fun and motivating way.
- Modified with COVID-19 safety protocols including physical distancing, masking, and meeting outdoors. Coaches are able to seamlessly transition to virtual programming should the need arise due to COVID-19 risk or inclement weather.
Spring 2023 session info & details
Season dates: March 13-May 25 at the Phinney Center
Days/times: Mondays & Wednesdays (Team A), 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm OR Tuesdays & Thursdays (Team B), 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm
End of season 5K event: Sunday, May 21 at Renton Memorial Stadium
Program Location: Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, 98103
Program Fee: $0-250 based on sliding scale – Financial assistance is available
Questions? Email [email protected] or call 206.528.2118