Holi – “the festival of color” or “the festival of love” – is a popular ancient Hindu festival that celebrates spring, connection, and the triumph of good over evil. Come join in this raucous celebration this Saturday (3/26) from noon-3pm, where people will chase each other around, throwing handfuls of colored powders. People from all religions, cultures, backgrounds, and ages are welcome!
This is a PNA event that originated in 2018 with a neighbor who wanted to share her culture with the community. Read the story about it…
Vendors and entertainment:
- Powder throwing area ($10 advance/$12 door/ under age 5 free) (tickets)
- Spice Walla restaurant will be serving its Kathi Rolls (Indian wraps filled with protein, cilantro chutney and onions, wrapped in a thin grilled roti) all under $10.
- Dance to a blend of Bollywood, Bhangra, & EDM by DJ KP
- Jaipur Avenue Chai for sale
- Temporary henna tattoos with Viviane of Mehndivaviv ($5/$15)
- At 1PM – join Afsaana Dance for a performance and dance workshop (in the paid Color Zone area)
- Children’s arts & crafts with Hindi Time Kids ($12/kit)
Phinney Center lower parking lot, 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle, WA 98103 [Directions]
Color Zone Tickets:
Each ticket includes entrance to the color throwing area of the PNA Holi Festival and 5 color packets (more will be available for sale). Children age 5 & under do not need a ticket to enter and can get 2 complimentary color packets each. Enter anytime between 12-3 PM. Tickets will be available at the door for $12.
Attendees can access the vendor and performance area without a ticket for free, registration is required only to enter the color throwing portion of the event.
- Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 at the door. Kids 5 and under are free. (The fee supports the cost of putting on the festival)
- There is a pay-what-you-can option available
- With each ticket, you get five color packets (2 for kids age 5 and under) with the opportunity to buy more on-site. (Cash appreciated)