Sadly, Hunger Goblin’ won’t be an event of trick-or-treating this year due to COVID, but it WILL stay alive as a way to help our neighbors!
While Phinney-Greenwood businesses have traditionally opened their doors for thousands of trick or treaters the Saturday before Halloween, we have made the decision to skip this beloved portion of the event out of safety and caution for our community, with the Delta variant on the rise.
We will still be supporting the other half of Hunger Goblin’, however! We still want to help families in our community by again collaborating with FamilyWorks to hold a Power Pack food drive. Decorated donation boxes will be at businesses throughout the community to collect healthy, non-perishable items.
Great items to consider donating are:
- Milk & juice boxes
- Fruit cups (applesauce. mandarin oranges, mixed fruit in fruit juices
- Canned soup & chili
- Crackers & chips (including graham crackers & Goldfish)
- Meal packs (TastyBite, Quinoa or Rice Packs, or canned ravioli)
- Granola Bars
- Dried fruit & fruit leather
- Instant oatmeal
Thank you for supporting our community!
Participating Business Collection Sites:
- BECU Greenwood – 101 NW 85th
- Calico Salon – 74221 Greenwood Ave N
- Chris Case State Farm Insurance – 7104 Greenwood Avenue N
- Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery – 8570 Greenwood Ave N
- HomeStreet Bank Phinney Ridge – 7307 Greenwood Ave N
- HomeStreet Bank Crown Hill – 8050 15th Ave NW
- Hooyman Family Chiropractic – 8103 Greenwood Ave N
- Illumination Learning Studio Greenwood – 7720 Greenwood Ave N
- Illumination Learning Studio Ballard – 5501 8th Ave NW
- Kym’s Kiddie Corner – 6701 Greenwood Ave N
- Nutty Squirrel Gelato – 7212 Greenwood Ave N
- Phinney Neighborhood Association / Discovery Church – 6532 Phinney Ave N
- Red Mill Burgers – 312 N. 67th St
- Snapdoodle Toys – 120 N 85th St.
- Rock Of Ages Lutheran Brethren Church – 316 N. 70th St
- Umpqua Bank – 7120 Greenwood Ave N
- Verity Credit Union – 8533 Greenwood Ave N
- Windy City Pie – 5918 Phinney Ave N