Tuesday February 2nd at 7pm, the Phinney Ridge Community Council will be holding a Zoom meeting to discuss the proposed development at 6817 Greenwood Ave N., between the Fini Condos and Woodland Park Presbyterian Church.
The existing building is to be moved and Build Urban has submitted plans for a 25-studio building of 1 bedroom apartments. This project will be a part of the Living Building Program. Per the developer:
“At Build Urban we commit every day to designing and building environmentally friendly homes. We look at site and water protection, energy efficiency, health and indoor air quality, and materials efficiency. Building sustainable homes helps conserve natural resources, saves money on operating and home maintenance costs, creates healthier homes and habitat and reduces carbon footprints – by reducing energy and water usage and conserving resources, we can all have less impact on our planet.“
Build Urban will work with International Living Futures Institute (the Living Building Challenge certification organization) and the development team to ensure the project is progressing towards the end goal.
Preliminary questions for Build Urban developers and architect:
- Shadows from height of 62 ft height plus additional 15 ft height of elevator shaft
- Location of elevator shaft which adds 15 additional feet of height
- Are there other rooftop features that add height to the main building?
- Setbacks of walls from adjacent buildings at ground level and above ground
- Noise from any recycling of processes
- Note: that there is no parking required for buildings in this area
If you have any questions to add, please email [email protected]
JOIN COMMMUNITY MEETING VIA ZOOM
Sign on at 6:50pm
Meeting ID: 861 4787 4334