For all of you who are intimidated by the often lengthy line to donate at our Ballard Goodwill and who miss the recently-closed donation center on Holman Road, your prayers have been answered.
A new donation center opened today in Crown Hill at the site of the old Value Village, 8532 15th Avenue NW.
The end of the year is the perfect time to donate to Goodwill! The simple act of cleaning out your closets and donating to Goodwill helps with with free job training and education programs. Goodwill has some simple tips to help maximize your donations:
- To keep pairs of shoes together, please tie them together by the laces or rubber band them together.
- Rubber band or tape together boxes of games or puzzles.
- Bag up clothing and linens to separate from other items.
- Tape remotes to electronic devices. Tape a note to the electronic device indicating if it fully works.
- Box or bag like items together such as putting all the clothes together or all the dishes together in one container.
- For fragile items, please wrap them in paper and put them in a box and marked it “fragile.”
- For furniture that needs assembly put all fasteners in a plastic bag and attach it to the furniture.