The Seattle premier of a Tony-nominated musical is scheduled for Friday 7/12 at Greenwood’s own Taproot Theatre. Bright Star is a musical written and composed by Steve Martin and Edie Brickell. It is set in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina in 1945-46 with flashbacks to 1923.
Per the show’s press release: “Under a serene North Carolina sunset, a simple summer romance blossoms into true love. When Alice and Jimmy Ray’s parents forbid their union, the young couple is propelled into a daring future. Inspired by a true story, this powerful tale of love and redemption will make your heart soar and your toes tap. Hold on, love is coming home.”
- Opening Night – Friday, July 12 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, July 13 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, July 13 at 8:00 PM
- Thursday, July 18 at 7:30 PM
- Friday, July 19 at 8:00 PM
- Saturday, July 20 at 2:00 PM
- Saturday, July 20 at 8:00 PM
Tickets and more information can be found here.