There are a number of great programs that have begun registration for their summer camps:
- Whittier Kids Summer Camps. For kids entering K-5th grade during 2019-20. Learn new skills, explore new friendships and provide your child a chance to grow and learn in a safe, fun environment (note: it was previously reported this was at the PNA, when it is indeed at Whittier Elementary). July 1 – Aug 30.
- YMCA Discovery Camp. Held at the Phinney Center, YMCA staff create hands-on, structured enrichment activities in art, science, storytelling, and outdoor play. Each week’s theme is woven into the day’s games, field trips, and fun. June 24 – Aug 30.
- Young Engineers Summer Champ Camp. Held at the Phinney Center, campers learn the engineering behind the machines we use every day, and build lego models that reflect established STEM theories. Aug 5 – Aug 30.
- PCPE’s Outdoor Spanish Summer Camp. Phinney Cooperativa Preescolar en Español will be offering a Spanish-language Summer camp for children ages 2 to 5 years old. The children will explore the outdoors in Woodland Park and Golden Gardens, participate in play-based activities, and reinforce their Spanish. For more information and to sign up email email@example.com. July and August, Tuesdays-Thursdays.
- Camp TechWise. Project-based program offers game design, video, digital, and music. Campers can jump into cutting-edge topics such as Unity and Unreal Game Dev., virtual reality, 3-D animation,app development, programming, Linux, and sports and games to balance the day with some outside fun. July 29 – Aug 2.
- Girls on the Run Camp. During the week-long session at the PNA, 3rd – 5th grade girls will enjoy building friendships in a fun and inclusive setting that includes interactive games, being physically active, and expressing creativity through arts and crafts and storytelling. July 15 – 19.
- Seattle ReCreative Summer Camps. Various art and maker-related camps at this Greenwood institution. Throughout summer.