Here’s what’s on tap in and around the neighborhood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
It’s the final Phinney Farmers Market of the season from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. Fresh veggies, produce, meat, eggs, bread, flowers, honey, pasta and more.
One of the Good Ones (standup comedy) at 7 p.m. Friday at The Pocket Theatre, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
Seattle Public Schools Boardmember Scott Pinkham will meet with District I constituents from 10-11 a.m. Saturday at the Broadview Library, 12755 Greenwood Ave. N.
The Bite of Broadview runs all weekend at Christ the King Church, at North 117th Street and North Phinney Avenue.
Fiddlers of the NW showcase concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in the Brick Building in Community Hall.
“Baskerville: A Sherlock Holmes Mystery” runs through Oct. 20 at Taproot Theatre on the mainstage.
In Taproot’s Isaac Studio, “Cyla’s Gift” runs now through Oct. 13.
Saturday is the 8th annual Dick’s Drive-In Walkathon, where anyone can join a group of burgers and fries lovers to walk to all five Seattle Dick’s Drive-In Restaurants (including the one on Holman Road in nearby Crown Hill) and raise money for local charities ($20,000 just in the last two years). This year’s walkathon will raise money for Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center. Organizers have secured a double match from both Dick’s Drive-In and Gravity Payments up to $5,000 each, so they’re hoping to raise at least $15,000 total. More information and you can sign up here.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Seattle Mariners vs. Texas Rangers at Safeco Field at 7:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday and 12:10 p.m. Sunday.
- Seattle Sounders vs. Colorado Rapids at 1 p.m. Saturday at CenturyLink Field.
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival at Center for Wooden Boats from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Walk to End Alzheimer’s at Seattle Center at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Seattle Aids Walk & Picnic at Volunteer Park from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday.
- UW Huskies vs Brigham Young University at Husky Stadium at 5:30 p.m. Saturday.
- Childish Gambino concert at KeyArena at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival at Center for Wooden Boats, 10 AM – 10 PM.
Looking ahead to next week:
- Phinney Neighborhood Association’s annual Power of Community breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 4. Attendance is free, with a minimum suggested donation of $75 to support the PNA’s senior programs.