Here’s what’s happening in and around the neighborhood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
Phinney Farmers Market is from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. Fresh fruit, veggies, flowers, honey, bread, meat, eggs, and lots more, plus several dining options. It’s also Happy Hour from 5-7 p.m. with $5 adult beverages from local producers. Must be 21 to enter the Happy Hour area.
It’s the monthly Art Up Phinneywood Artwalk at dozens of galleries and other businesses in Phinney Ridge and Greenwood from 6-9 p.m. Friday. Check out the Artwalk website for a full list of participating venues and artists.
Pacific NW Folklore Society presents Curtis & Loretta at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
Looking ahead to Monday, head over to the Ballard Eagleson VFW, 2812 NW Market St., from 5:30-8 p.m. for a neighborhood forum on the Ballard and West Seattle Link Light Rail extensions (includes Smith Cove, Interbay and Ballard stations).
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Susan G. Komen Seattle 3-Day happens Friday through Sunday, beginning and ending at the Seattle Center.
- Boats Afloat Show at Chandlers Cove in South Lake Union Friday through Sunday.
- State Route 99/Aurora Avenue southbound will be closed between Battery and Spokane streets Friday night through Sunday night.
- On Saturday there’s a private event at Safeco Field. Expect significant traffic congestion and transit delays around Pioneer Square, SODO, Chinatown/International District.
- Seattle will celebrate the WNBA champions Seattle Storm with a parade that begins at 1 p.m. Sunday underneath the Space Needle and ends with a rally at 2 p.m. at Key Arena.