The kids are back in school – yay! – and it looks like a nice weekend around the neighborhood. Here are some highlights of what’s happening in Greenwood and Phinney Ridge; check our Events calendar any time for more.
Phinney Farmers Market from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Blood drive from 1-7 p.m. Friday (closed 3-4 p.m.) at the PNA in Room 2. Schedule your appointment at www.schedule.bloodworksnw.org, call 1-800-398-7888, or just drop in.
PNA Book Exchange from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the PNA in the Blue Building. Free. Mystery books, science fiction and fantasy novels, children’s books and cookbooks. Trade your gently used books for something new. Or buy paperbacks for $1 and hardbacks for $2.
Town Hall Seattle family concert with Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints at 11 a.m. Saturday at the PNA in the Brick Building in Community Hall. Tickets are $5 for adults, kids under 12 are free. “Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints offer a fresh angle on beloved American song traditions. Transport your family to a time of honky-tonks and roadhouses, and dance along to tunes with a classic sound of early jazz, jump blues, vintage soul, old school rock’n’roll, and hillbilly boogie.”
Music Center of the Northwest Open House from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Saturday at 901 N. 96th St.
Kesselgarden benefit concert for NW Immigration Rights Project at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Seattle Storm vs. Washington Mystics at 6 p.m. Friday and 12:30 p.m. Friday at Key Arena for the WNBA Finals.
- Mariners vs. New York Yankees at Safeco Field at 7:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
- Seattle Design Festival Block Party in Occidental Park and Mall from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Bacon, Eggs, & Kegs at CenturyLink Field’s North Plaza from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
- Huskies vs. North Dakota at Husky Stadium at 2 p.m. Saturday.
- Chinatown-International District Night Market on South King Street between 5th and 7th avenues from 4 p.m. to midnight Saturday (estimated attendance is 10,000).
- Sam Smith concert at Key Arena at 8 p.m. Saturday.
- Women of Wonder 10K & 5K starts and finishes at Green Lake Community Center at 9:30 a.m. Sunday.