Phinney Ridge Community Council meets at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
…Phinney Ridge Community Council is hosting a discussion about our urban forest and a City Council proposal to further protect our vegetative canopy. The Council and others believe Seattle is losing trees and other plants, along with the critical functions they provide. We will hear a presentation by Friends of Urban Forests, a coalition reviewing the proposed changes. Discussion will focus on if the PRCC should endorse this effort.
Among the issues that will be discussed:
- Recommended revisions from tree, plant & environmental advocates
- Increased protection for exceptional trees, heritage trees, groves, etc.
- Rules regarding trees when building and remodeling
- Should tree protections be exempt for developers and apply only to property owners?
PRCC also will discuss:
- Green Lake road resurfacing project
- How new City rules affect Phinney Flats parking requirements
- Shared Roof rezone request for increased height
- HALA policy status
- Northern Urban Village boundary