Here’s what’s happening in Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar any time for more.
One of the Good Ones (Stand-Up Comedy) at 7 p.m. Friday at The Pocket Theatre, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
Reducing food waste meeting at 2 p.m. Saturday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
Seattle Folklore Society presents McKasson & McDonald — Masters of Celtic Tradition at 7:30 pm. Saturday at the Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in Community Hall in the Brick Building.
Kortney’s (Stand-Up Style) Comedy Showcase at 8 p.m. Saturday at Naked City Brewery & Taphouse, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N.
First Sundays Blues Open Jam Session at 7 p.m. Sunday at Couth Buzzard Books.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Emerald City Comic Con is at the Washington State Convention Center through Sunday.
- Outdoor Gear & Adventure Expo, Seattle Bike Show, and Seattle Golf & Travel Show are all at the CenturyLink Field Event Center Saturday and Sunday.
- The Sounders vs. Los Angeles Football Club at 2 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
- Seattle Department of Transportation will close the northbound curb lane of 15th Avenue NW at NW 85th Street (north of the intersection) to replace concrete panels from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The Rapid Ride bus stop next to the Walgreens will be moved slightly north to Value Village. The crosswalk on the north side of NW 85th Street will be closed. Pedestrians will be directed to cross 15th on the south side of NW 85th Street. Uniformed police officers will direct traffic.
- Both directions of Aurora Avenue North/State Route 99 will be closed to traffic for the Hot Chocolate Run Sunday morning. The run starts and ends at the Seattle Center. 6 a.m. to 10:25 a.m. – The southbound lanes will be closed between North 38th Street and the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6-10:25 a.m. The northbound lanes will be closed between the south end of the Battery Street Tunnel and North 48th Street from 6-11:15 a.m. Several city streets are also closing. Check here for a complete list. Click here for Metro bus reroute information.