Just a reminder that the Phinney Ridge Community Council meets at 7 p.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) at the Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
On the agenda:
- Guest Speaker Jon Lisbon of SCALE (Seattle Coalition for Affordability, Livability and Equity) will discuss the group’s appeal of the City’s HALA (Housing Affordability and Livability Agenda) Mandatory Housing environmental impact statement.
The City is proposing up-zones in neighborhood-commercial and multifamily zones throughout the City, allowing developers to construct larger buildings. In return, developers would have to provide or finance some below-market-rate housing. A coalition of community groups and others called SCALE is appealing the City’s Environmental Impact Statement for this proposal.
- The city’s Backyard Cottage Environmental Impact Statement.
- Woodland Park Zoo’s Annual Plan.
- The City’s proposal to loosen parking requirements in areas served by transit.
- Updates on proposed housing projects, including the successful appeal of Phinney Flats at 6726 Greenwood Ave. N; and the city’s recommendation to allow increased height for the Shared Roof apartments at 7009 Greenwood Ave. N.