Seattle’s annual Neighbor Day is Saturday, Feb. 10, and residents are encouraged to celebrate by committing random acts of kindness.
Neighbor Day is a special day set aside to reach out to neighbors, make new friends, and express thanks to those who help make our neighborhoods a great place to live.
Here are ways you can participate in Neighbor Day:
- Do something nice for a neighbor: take them to coffee, clean up their yard, bake them some cookies, invite them for a walk.
- Organize a neighborhood potluck, open house, or work party. It can be as big or simple as you want.
- Join in a neighborhood service project to clean up a park, plant trees, or organize a neighborhood cleanup.
- Hold a bake sale for charity or to raise money for a neighborhood project.
- Use social media to share a “great neighbor” story with #NeighborDay.
Seattle Department of Neighborhoods has an extensive list with more ideas, plus a list of ideas specifically for local businesses or community groups, and you can submit public events to a community calendar.