Here are some highlights of what’s happening in and near the neighborhood this weekend. See our Events calendar any time for more.
Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St., has extended its run of “Relativity” through Oct. 28.
The Cookie Counter, 7415 Greenwood Ave. N., is hosting a Spooky Ice Cream Social from 6-9 p.m. Friday. AND, they’re now serving waffle brunch from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday (Belgian waffles — regular or gluten free, dairy-free butter and syrup, toppings, ice cream, and waffle sundaes, plus veggie sausage, orange juice and bottomless coffee).
Top Ten Toys, 120 N. 85th St., celebrates its 30th anniversary on Saturday with 30 percent off discounts, a special bag for the first 200 people through the door, and a raffle for prizes.
Ballard Preschool Co-op’s Gently Used Kids’ Gear Sale is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Center, in the Brick Building.
Glass and Décor Studio Tour from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at five local art studios, including one in Phinney Ridge.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., is hosting Kesselgarten in a benefit concert for victims of hurricanes Harvey and Irma at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Alex Sturbaum and Arthur Davis in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell from 2-4:15 p.m. Sunday (all levels welcome).
Seattle Folklore Society presents Bill Staines at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in Community Hall in the Brick Building.
The PNA Village is hosting a volunteer opportunity called Leaf It To The Village, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Meet at the PNA for donuts, coffee and cocoa, then split off into teams to help clean up the yards of neighbors who can’t do it themselves. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-789-1217.
Mayoral Candidate Forum from 5-6 p.m. Sunday at the Phinney Center in the Brick Building (doors open at 4:30 p.m.) Moderated by David Hyde and Amy Radil from KUOW. Free beer from Peddler Brewing, plus non-alcoholic drinks and snacks.
Traffic-wise around town this weekend:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk starts at 9 a.m. Saturday at CenturyLink Field.
- Light the Night Walk to support the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society starts at Seattle Center at 4:30 p.m. Saturday.
- KEXP R Day, fundraiser and celebration of music at The Old Rainier Brewery, 3100 Airport Way S, from 5-11 p.m. Saturday.
- Depeche Mode concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at KeyArena at 7:30 p.m.
- GE2 Gaming + Experiential Entertainment from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at WaMu Theater.
- Alaskan Airlines Dawg Dash at University of Washington Sunday morning.
- Seattle Sounders vs. Colorado Rapids at 1 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.