Here’s what’s happening in Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar any time for more.
Twilight Zone Marathon from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
Art Up Chow Down Artwalk at dozens of galleries and other businesses in Greenwood and Phinney Ridge from 6-9 p.m. Friday. See the Artwalk website for a full list of participating venues and artists.
Pacific Northwest Folklore Society presents Rick Fogel at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
Seattle Folklore Society presents Tim Grimm Family Band at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, and Molsky’s Mountain Drifters at 7 p.m. Sunday, both at the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in the Brick Building in Community Hall.
The Greenwood and Broadview community councils are sponsoring a Mayoral and City Council candidates’ forum at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St. The forum will be moderated by freelance journalist Steve Scher, host of Town Hall’s podcast “In the Moment,” and will be followed by a question and answer session. Candidates attending: Mayoral candidates Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon; City Council Position 8 candidates Teresa Mosqueda and Jon Grant; City Council Position 9 candidate Pat Murikami.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Eastbound State Route 520 will be closed this weekend while road crews extend the eastbound HOV lane closer to Montlake Boulevard; westbound traffic will be unaffected. All eastbound lanes will close at 11 p.m. Friday and reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
- Nationwide Solidarity March for Peace from Colman Dock to Occidental Park and then City Hall, beginning at 11 a.m. Saturday.
- Puget Sound Heart and Stroke Walk, starts at 9 a.m. Saturday at the Seattle Center.
- SODO Flea vintage flea market will close Occidental South between South Hanford and South Forest streets, and South Forest Street between 1st Avenue South and Occidental Avenue South from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday. The market runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- No Muslim Ban Ever starts with a rally at Westlake Park at 1 p.m. Sunday, followed by a march.
- Seattle Sounders vs. FC Dallas at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
- Arcade Fire concert at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at KeyArena.