Here’s what’s happening in and around Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend and next. Check our Events calendar for more.
Phinney Farmers Market from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. (This is the second-to-last market of the season.) Fresh veggies, fruit, bread, eggs, meat, seafood, honey, wine, beer, cider, flowers and several dining options.
Space is the Place Cabaret at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
Seattle School Boardmember Rick Burke meets with District II constituents from 1:30-3 p.m. Saturday at the Greenwood Library, 8016 Greenwood Ave. N.
Greenwood-based nonprofit Women’s Enterprises International presents its Harambee Gala at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Mountaineer’s Club, 7700 Sand Point Way NE, to benefit Kenyan women fighting their way out of poverty.
3 Play Richochet in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Couth Buzzard Books.
Seattle Folklore Society presents Steve James with Johnny Nicholas at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in the Brick Building.
First Sundays Blues Open Jam Session at 7 p.m. Sunday at Couth Buzzard Books.
Event and traffic-wise this weekend:
- Eagles and the Doobie Brothers in concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at Safeco Field.
- Gorillaz in concert at 8 p.m. Saturday at KeyArena.
- GeekGirlCon at the Washington State Convention Center Saturday and Sunday.
- Seahawks vs. Indianapolis Colts at 5:30 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
- Washington State Department of Transportation will close the two left lanes of southbound I-5 between NE 50th Street and Boylston Avenue to perform deck repair work on the Ship Canal Bridge from 2-10 a.m. Saturday. On Sunday, they’ll close the two southbound right lanes and the NE 45th Street on-ramp from 2-10 a.m.
Looking ahead to next week:
- Seattle Parks and Recreation is hosting a community meeting about the renovation of Soundview Playfield, adjacent to Whitman Middle School, which is at 9201 15th Ave. NW. The meeting is from 6-7:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 4, at Whitman in the library. The proposed project will include installation of synthetic field surfacing, the addition of lighting, access improvements that meet the Americans with Disabilities Act, and other site enhancements.
- Community meeting about the planned 2019 reopening of Lincoln High School in Wallingford from 6:30-8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 3, at Hamilton International Middle School, 1610 N. 41st St.