Highlights of what’s happening in and near Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
Phinney Farmers Market from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. Fresh fruit, veggies, flowers, beer, wine, cider, ice cream, popsicles, honey, bread, meat, eggs, plus several dining options.
PhinneyWood Art Up Chow Down Artwalk at dozens of venues along and near Phinney and Greenwood avenues, from 6-9 p.m. Friday. See the Artwalk website for a list of all participating venues and artists.
During tonight’s Artwalk, the new park directly north of the Greenwood Library at 81st and Greenwood, will be open for some art making in the park. The park – not yet named – is currently grass with a few log benches. Construction of the major elements will begin next spring with completion hopefully by the end of summer. In the meantime, the lawn will be open for all to enjoy. Friends of Greenwood Library Park are also hosting a picnic in the park starting at 4 p.m. Saturday.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents a Pacific NW Folklore Society concert with Stanley & Kip Greenthal at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Val D’Alessio, Geli Wuerzner and Allison Preisinger in concert at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) from 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday.
PNA Book Exchange from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 6532 Phinney Ave. N. in the Blue Building. Trade your gently-used books, meet other readers and eat treats. Five genres: mysteries, science fiction, fantasy, kids’ books and cookbooks. “Bring in gently used books you don’t want anymore (only the genres listed above, please). We’ll give you one ticket for each paperback and two tickets for each hardback. Use your tickets to “buy” more books: paperbacks cost one ticket, hardbacks cost two. Don’t have books to exchange or want to buy more than you brought in? Purchase paperbacks for $1 and hardbacks for $2.”
Granite Curling Club, 1440 N. 128th St., is hosting an open house for anyone who wants to try the sport of curling, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- 14th annual Sustainable Ballard festival from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Ballard Commons Park.
- Chinatown-ID Night Market from 4 p.m. to midnight Saturday. South King Street will be closed between 5th and 7th avenues South, and Maynard and 6th avenues South will be closed between South Jackson South Weller streets from 6 a.m. Saturday to 2 a.m. Sunday. About 10,000 people are expected to attend.
- Women of Wonder 5K & 10K and festival from 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. Sunday on trails around Green Lake.
- Seattle Sounders vs. LA Galaxy at 6 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
- Seattle Mariners play L.A. Angels at 7:10 pm. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday and 1:10 p.m. Sunday at Safeco Field.