Here are some highlights of what’s happening in and around the neighborhood this weekend. Check our Events calendar any time for more.
Phinney Farmers Market is from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
It’s Artwalk night from 6-9 p.m. Friday at dozens of art galleries and other venues throughout the neighborhood.
The Gumshoe 5K Walk continues through Aug. 20 (it’s been extended by one week due to heat and air quality concerns). Buy your $20 entry form at Ken’s Market, Couth Buzzard Books or the Phinney Center, then follow the fun clues and turn in your completed form for a chance to win gift cards to local businesses. All profits go to the Greenwood Senior Center, Greenwood Elementary School PTA and Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church Food Bank. Follow the Gumshoe’s Facebook page for updates as some clues may have moved since the forms were printed.
“Persuasion” continues at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St., through Aug. 26.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents “Voices Raised — Some Things Gotta Be Said concert” at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Pint & Dale — Songs of the Seven Seas at 7:30 p.m. Saturday: and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) from 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday.
Open House to help design renovations and expansion to Baker Park in Crown Hill is from 1-3 p.m. Saturday, at 8347 14th Ave. NW.
36th District Democrats Annual BBQ from 1-4 p.m. Sunday at State Rep. Reuven Carlyle’s home.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- South Lake Union Block Party from 12-11 p.m. Friday.
- Seattle Sounders vs. Sporting Kansas City at 1 p.m. Saturday at CenturyLink Field.
- Slayer Concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at WaMu Theater.
- Magnolia Village Car Show from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Mariners play the Angels at 7:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday, and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
- Washington State Department of Transportation crews will close the two right lanes of northbound State Route 99 across the Aurora Bridge from 5-11 a.m. Saturday and Sunday for inspection work.