Friday is opening day for the Phinney Farmers Market, which runs from 3:30-7:30 p.m. every Friday through Oct. 6 in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
“Busman’s Honeymoon” continues at Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St., through June 24.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents Rebels with Applause Cabaret at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Songwriters in Seattle Monthly Showcase at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and First Sundays Blues Open Jam Session at 7 p.m. Sunday.
Saturday is Garage Sale Day throughout Greenwood and Phinney Ridge. See the online map of about 100 garage/yard sales from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., plus there’s a flea market, tool sale, plant exchange, free document shredding and Goodwill donation station at the Phinney Center.
From 10:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. on Saturday is our neighborhood’s annual Pride Rainbow Hop, with free family-focused activities such as Drag Queen Story Time with Sparkle Leigh at the Greenwood Library, and a free School of Rock concert at Naked City Brewery.
Seattle Parks and Recreation is hosting an open house from 1-3 p.m. Saturday at Soundview Playfield, 1590 NW 90th St., to get public input on the park’s renovation. Light refreshments provided, as well as activities for children. The proposed renovations will include installation of synthetic field surfacing, more lighting, and access improvements to meet the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Sex, God, & the Conservative Church from 6-9 p.m. Sunday at Naked City Brewery, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N.
Traffic-wise this weekend:
- Fremont 5K & Briefcase Relay begins at 6 p.m. Friday at Adobe Plaza and closes a few nearby streets and also takes over the Burke-Gilman Trail.
- Honk! Fest West music festival in Occidental Square on Saturday, followed by a marching band parade from to Waterfront Park via Western Avenue. The festival starts at 12 p.m. and the parade starts at 4 p.m.
- Race for the Cure begins at 8 a.m. Sunday at the Seattle Center.
- Honk! Fest West – Columbia City runs from 2-6 p.m. Sunday.
- Mariners play Tampa Bay Rays at Safeco Field 7:10 p.m. Friday, 7:10 p.m. Saturday, and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.
- Sounders play Houston at 7 p.m. Sunday at CenturyLink Field.
- I-90 eastbound between Seattle and Bellevue will be reduced to one lane and traffic detoured to the express lanes from 9 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday, and westbound from 9 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday, as Washington State Department of Transportation crews test tunnel operations systems and install final striping for the new HOV lanes.
- Some lanes of the southbound I-5 at the Ship Canal Bridge will be closed this weekend as WSDOT does some repaving work.