Here are some highlights of what’s happening in Phinney Ridge and Greenwood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
The Phinney Farmers Market is from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. Fresh fruit, veggies, bread, meat, eggs, flowers, cider and lots of dining options. If you’re walking there from Greenwood, the Phinney Farmers Market Walking Group leaves the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St., at 3 p.m.
Taproot Theatre continues its run of “Big Fish” through Aug. 13.
The Gumshoe 5K Walk scavenger hunt begins Friday and runs through Sunday, Aug. 14. Purchase a $20 entry form at Ken’s Market, the Phinney Center or Couth Buzzard Books and explore the neighborhood while following 30 clues. Completed entry forms are entered to win $100 gift cards from 10 neighborhood businesses. All proceeds go to three neighborhood nonprofits.
Bibliophilia presents “That Moment” at 8:30 p.m. Friday, “Through (rose) Colored Lenses” at 10 p.m. Friday, “Naked Girls Reading” at 8:30 p.m. Saturday, and “Chapter One featuring G.G. Silverman” at 10 p.m. Saturday at The Pocket Theatre, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N. “A STEADY RAIN” by Keith Huff plays at The Pocket at 6:15 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., hosts Jazz First Fridays with Max Holmberg Trio & Tonal Vision at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Songwriters in Seattle Monthly Showcase at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and First Sundays Blues Open Jam from 6:30-9 p.m. Sunday.
(Stand-Up Style) Comedy Showcase at 7 p.m. Sunday at Naked City Brewery, 8564 Greenwood Ave. N.
If you’re heading out of the neighborhood:
- Remember that it’s Seafair weekend, with the Blue Angels performing, the hydros racing, and boats filling up the waterfront for Fleet Week. See the Seafair website for all the info.
- The Seattle Art Fair is at CenturyLink Field Event Center from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 12-6 p.m. Sunday.
- Magnolia Summerfest and Seafair Parade from 7:30-11 p.m. Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday at Magnolia Community Center. Saturday’s parade starts at 10:30 a.m.
- The three-day Salmonfest in Lake City has a salmon bake, car show and parade Friday through Sunday.
- The Mariners play Los Angeles at 7:10 p.m. Friday, 6:10 p.m. Saturday, and 1:10 p.m. Sunday.