Here are some highlights of what’s happening around the neighborhood this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
Department of Neighborhoods Historic Preservation Program presentation from 1-2 p.m. Friday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
The Phinney Farmers Market, from 3:30-7:30 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N. Fresh fruit, veggies, bread, meat, eggs, flowers, cider and lots of dining options. If you’re walking there from Greenwood, the Phinney Farmers Market Walking Group leaves the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St., at 3 p.m.
Taproot Theatre continues its run of “Big Fish” at 204 N. 85th St.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents Represent This! What’s the Word Cabaret at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Pint & Dale — Songs of the Seven Seas at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) from 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday.
Shirley Gnome: Real Mature at 8 p.m. Friday at The Pocket Theater, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
A heads up that Woodland Park Zoo will close early Friday, at 3 p.m., for its 40th annual Jungle Party fundraiser. Visitors may remain on the grounds until 4 p.m.
Seafair Milk Carton Derby and the Seafair Stand Up Paddleboard Competition are both from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Green Lake.
If you’re heading out of the neighborhood this weekend:
- Bite of Seattle at Seattle Center from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
- Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic starts at UW on Saturday morning, with 10,000 riders. The last group leaves the starting line at 7:30 a.m. and most rider will clear the city limits by about 9 a.m.
- Seafair Dragon Fest in Chinatown-International District Saturday and Sunday.
- The Boeing Company’s 100th year anniversary celebration is at The Museum of Flight. East Marginal Way South will be closed south of the South Park Bridge.
- The Mariners play Houston at 7:10 p.m. Friday, and 1:10 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.