Several Seattle Parks and Recreation beaches and all of the spray parks open on Saturday, May 28. One outdoor pool is open now and wading pools will open next month.
You can see the complete list of wading pools and spray parks with opening dates and times here, and Seattle Parks’ online Summer Guide is here. (Wading pools are open on days with sunny skies and warm temperatures. Call the hotline at 206-684-7796 by 9 a.m. each day to find out whether pools will be filled.)
Near to our neighborhood:
- East Green Lake beach, 7201 E. Green Lake Dr. N.: Opens this Saturday through Aug. 28. (Hours from May 28-June 24 are 2-7 p.m. weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays)
- West Green Lake beach, 7312 W. Green Lake Dr.: Open June 25 through Sept. 5.
- Lowery C. “Pop” Mounger Pool in Magnolia is open now through Sept. 11.
- Green Lake wading pool, North 73rd and East Green Lake Dr. N.: Open daily from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. June 25 through Sept. 5.
- Bitter Lake wading pool, 13035 Linden Ave. N.: Open from 12-7 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from June 29 through Aug. 19
- Soundview wading pool, 1590 NW 90th St.: Open from 12-7 p.m. Saturday, Sunday, Monday from June 27 through Aug. 21.
- Wallingford wading pool, 4219 Wallingford Ave. N.: Open Wednesday, Thursday, Friday from June 29 through Aug. 19.
- Ballard Commons water spray park, 5701 22nd Ave. NW: Open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 28 through Sept. 5.
- Northacres Park water spray park, 12800 1st Ave. NE, open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. May 28 through Sept. 5.
(Note that Sandel Park’s wading pool will not be open this summer.)