Here are some highlights of what’s happening in Greenwood and Phinney Ridge this weekend. Check our Events calendar for more.
Friday is Bike Everywhere Day, so expect a lot more cyclists than usual to ride to work and school. Please share the road with everyone.
It’s the second week of Taproot Theatre’s production of “The Realization of Emily Linder,” at 204 N. 85th St.
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N., presents The RooTsters at 7:30 p.m. Friday; Pint & Dale – Songs of the Seven Seas at 7:30 p.m. Saturday; and Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcome) from 2-4:15 p.m. Sunday.
Tim’s Tavern, 602 N. 105th St., presents live music all weekend. Friday it’s Earl Brooks at 9 p.m., Teen Cat at 10 p.m., and Everson Pines at 11 p.m. Saturday it’s Full Life Crisis at 8 p.m., The Drove at 9 p.m., Lauren Murphie and the Sodo 4 at 10 p.m. On Sunday the Blue Belles Band plays at 8 p.m.
PhinneyWood Garage Sale Day is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at more than 100 registered garage and yard sales throughout the neighborhood.
Seattle Folklore Society presents Hanz Araki, Colleen Raney & Cary Novotny at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at the Phinney Neighborhood Center, 6532 Phinney Ave. N., in the Brick Building. Tickets in advance are $18 general; $16 SFS/PNA members, seniors and students; kids half price (all tickets are $2 more at the door.)
If you’re heading out of the neighborhood this weekend:
- Movie crews are filming “50 Shades Darker” in the northbound lanes of the Alaskan Way Viaduct with rolling slowdowns through May 26. Filming is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and 7-8 p.m. Wednesday, and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday.
- Billy Joel plays a concert at 8 p.m. Friday at Safeco Field.
- The Sounders play the Colorado Rapids at 7 p.m. Saturday at CenturyLink Field.
- The University District Street Fair runs from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Great Strides Seattle walk starts and finishes at the Seattle Center from 1-4 p.m. Sunday. The walk will use sidewalks and trails through Myrtle Edwards Park, so no streets will be closed.
- Brooks Trailhead 10K and 15K run begins at 8 a.m. Sunday at Gasworks Park and goes around Lake Union.