A fire at Beachcombers Kids Cuts brought more than a dozen emergency vehicles to 6417 Phinney Ave. N. Friday night. According to the Real Time 911 log, the fire happened right at 10:30 p.m.
The front windows are now boarded up and it looks like the window above the door was blown out.
Kelly Vice has owned Beachcombers for 13 years. She says the fire investigator told her it appears to be an electrical fire that started near the front desk.
Vice says all the scissors are undamaged, and she thinks the popular dolphin and turtle chairs may be salvageable, but all the hairdryers were destroyed. The fire didn’t reach the back play room, but it has extensive smoke and water damage.
She says they are looking for temporary space to keep providing haircuts for their clients. If anyone knows of any appropriate space, please put a note below in comments or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll pass along the information.
Vice sent these photos of the damage inside.
Most of the the customer photo wall was destroyed.
Thanks to Val for the photo of the outside, and Morganopolis, Melissa and Sue for the tips!