This is the first year for Seattle Department of Transportation’s Summer Parkways events, which closes down several miles of streets to vehicles and opens them up for walkers, bikers and skaters to enjoy live music, family activities, puppet shows, skateboard demos, arts and crafts, and more.
Ballard Summer Parkways is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, and covers seven miles, extending into the western edge of Phinney Ridge and Greenwood to hit 6th Avenue NW Pocket Park.
Here’s a list of organized activities at neighborhood parks:
Ballard Corners Park:
- Live music by local buskers
- Croquet from the Friends and neighbors of Ballard Corners and Groundswell NW
6th Ave. NW Pocket Park:
- Puppet shows and clowning with Duo Finelli
Ballard Commons Park:
- Orca Lift and Orca To-Go with King County Metro
- Sustainable Ballard Festival
- Skateboard demos and lessons from Skate Like A Girl
- Bike and pet parade starting at 2 p.m.
Salmon Bay Park:
- Live music all day
- Tasty Vibes food truck
- Mayoral press event and ribbon cutting at 11 a.m.
- Mobility bike fleet from Outdoors For All
- Bike activities with Cascade Bicycle Club
- Zorba Ball from Seattle Parks and Recreation
Loyal Heights Playfields:
- Dodge Ball tournament in the Community Center beginning at 12 p.m.
- Arts and crafts
- Balleywood Creamery Ice Cream
- Harp music
- Tai Chi
- Zen Zone
14th Ave Future Park:
- East Ballard Community Association
- “How to Grow a Park”
- Cold lemonade or hot coffee