Tons of fun to be had in Greenwood and Phinney Ridge this weekend. Here’s a sample. Check our Events calendar for more.
Phinney Farmers Market from 3-7 p.m. Friday in the upper parking lot of the Phinney Neighborhood Association, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Shakespeare’s “Macbeth” opens at The Bathhouse Theater at Green Lake this weekend, featuring actors in grades 9 – 12.
Parents’ Night Out from 6-9 p.m. Friday at Emerald City Karate, 8314 Greenwood Ave. N.
!Saludos a Espana! Summer Festival Dinner from 6:45-9 p.m. Friday at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St.
GreenStage presents “The Two Noble Kinsmen” by William Shakespeare from 7-9 p.m. Friday at Lower Woodland Park.
Taproot Theatre, 204 N. 85th St., continues its newest production of “Godspell.”
Game Night Gone Bad! At 8:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday at The Pocket Theater, 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
FREE Boxing Power Hour at Title Boxing at 11 a.m. Saturday at 112 N. 85th St.
Seattle Mayor Ed Murray will be at the Greenwood Senior Center, 525 N. 85th St., from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday, July 18, as part of a “Seattle at Work” event. The mayor will be joined by several city department directors to talk with residents about how the city works in our neighborhood, including city programs and special projects.
GreenStage presents a Shakespeare double feature both Saturday and Sunday at Lower Woodland Park. “The Two Noble Kinsmen” is at 3 p.m. Saturday “Much Ado About Nothing” is at 7 p.m. On Sunday they switch time slots.
PNA Summer Beer Taste from 4-7 p.m. Saturday at the PNA, 6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Tim’s Tavern, 602 N. 105th St., presents hard rock/ alternative music by Acid FM and Forty Year October at 9 p.m. Saturday. $7 cover charge.
Open Jazz Jam with Kenny Mandell (all levels welcomed) from 2-4:30 p.m. Sunday at Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave. N.
There’s also A LOT going on all around town this weekend, which will affect traffic and parking.
- Manchester United vs. Club America at 8 p.m. Friday at CenturyLink Field.
- Bite of Seattle at the Seattle Center runs Friday through Sunday. About 50,000 people are expected to attend each day.
- The Sounders are at CenturyLink Field at 7 p.m. Saturday. About 40,000 people are expected to attend.
- Seattle Storm vs. Atlanta Dream at KeyArena at 6 p.m. Saturday.
- Seafair Triathlon is Sunday morning at Seward Park. The cycle course follows the shores of Lake Washington from the park north to the I-90 Bridge. About 2,300 people are expected to participate.
- Rush concert at KeyArena at 7:30 p.m. Sunday.