The World Affairs Council still needs host families or individuals for “highly motivated student leaders” from Mexico (July 12-24), Iraq (July 25 – Aug. 8), and Japan and South Korea (Aug. 8-22).
A local nonprofit called Jolkona runs a three-week social accelerator business program for entrepreneurs from emerging countries. The organization is looking for homestay hosts for eight people from Bangladesh from Oct. 19 to Nov. 6.
These social leaders are dedicated and engaged students and professionals between the ages of 22 and 35, who are all eager to stay with local hosts and experience Seattle culture. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about other cultures and share a little of our own Pacific Northwest culture and hospitality. Here are a few helpful details:
- The time and effort commitment to the host family is minimal
- Hosts provide a room, are close to bus transportation and provide food for breakfast and dinner
- The entrepreneurs have a full schedule and will spend much of their free time working on their projects or attending workshops
- As long as there is access to the bus, these entrepreneurs will have an ORCA card for their commuting needs
- We will grant a stipend to the host family to cover expenses incurred while hosting
For more information, email [email protected].