Last November, B-Sides & Rarities presented family-friendly short plays based on old-fashioned Saturday morning cartoons at Greenwood’s The Pocket Theatre. They sold out every show, so they’re bringing it back for four shows in April and May.
The plays are written by Seattle playwrights and their children and feature professional actors. Shows will be at 10:30 a.m. on April 18 and 25, and May 2 and 9, at 8312 Greenwood Ave. N.
Every edition of Saturday Morning Cartoons offers a brand new set of opportunities for local playwrights to collaborate with their children. Saturday Morning Cartoons features:
- Tigery and Heavens-to-Betsey Get Lost in the Salad Bar by Nora Jorgensen and Ruchi Harris with Gillian Jorgensen
- POPULATION 51- EPISODE 9: The Very Bad Blanket by Rowan Ellis Neal and K. Brian Neel
- The Lunar Sea of Golden Blooms by Hero and Tethys Notis with Darian Lindle
- Scooby Doo Doo by Eli Pruzan with Juliet Waller Pruzan
- Ghostbusters X : Venkman Vs. Zuul: The Final Battle by Stella Rawley with Wayne Rawley
- The World’s Most Dangerous Car Part 2 by Olivia Sterne with Jennifer Dice
Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for kids, and available at The Pocket Theater website (or $14 for adults $7 for kids at the door). Seating is general admission and all children MUST be accompanied by an adult.