Seattle Neighborhood Group is offering free crime prevention presentations throughout the city. SNG hopes to prevent crime and build community through partnerships with residents, businesses, law enforcement and other organizations.
These presentations are informative and hands-on. They vary in length, from thirty minutes to an hour, depending on the need. We have brochures in many different languages and can assist with interpretation if requested. A very brief Crime Prevention site assessment can be provided if requested. After the presentation, a follow up crime prevention memo will be distributed. We are pleased to present at community meetings, events, multi-family buildings, neighborhoods, etc., anyone who is interested!
Topics that can be covered include:
- Personal Safety: How to protect yourself from crime (preventing theft, what thieves look for, transportation safety, Safety on the street)
- Calling 9-1-1 (when to call, tips when calling, interpreter services, methods to report)
- Vehicle Security: How to protect your car from crime (if your car is stolen or vandalized, if your car is stolen and recovered, theft from your vehicle, what attracts a car thief)
- Suspicious Activities: How to recognize and report suspicious activities (how do you know what to report to the police, calling the non-emergency number, behaviors that indicate criminal activity)
- Identity Theft & Fraud (increase awareness of identity theft and fraud, prevent identity theft and fraud, common ways identity theft happens, what can you do if you become a victim)
For more information, email Seattle Neighborhood Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-323-9666.