Seattle Department of Transportation is hosting an open house TONIGHT (Wednesday) at West Woodland Elementary’s library, 5601 5th Ave. NW, to discuss upcoming pedestrian safety improvements near the school. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m.
The Seattle Department of Transportation is planning to construct pedestrian safety improvements near 3rd Avenue NW, NW 56th Street and NW 55th Place. These improvements will be completed as part of our Neighborhood Street Fund program and improve pedestrian mobility and safety.
Project elements include:
- Changing NW 55th Place to one-way, southwest-bound
- Creating an all-way stop at the intersection of 3rd Avenue NW and NW 56th Street to improve pedestrian crossing safety
- Separating NW 55th Place from 3rd Avenue NW and NW 56th Street
- Adding curb bulbs on the west and east sides of NW 56th Street and 3rd Avenue NW to shorten the length of the pedestrian crossing
- Adding signage on northbound and southbound 3rd Avenue NW to indicate the school zone;
- Adding minor drainage improvements